Monday 20 March 2017

Vera Lane Studio: Caroline's Cupcakes

Hello!

I'm showing a DT project for Vera Lane Studio today. 
The gorgeous Caroline's Cupcakes is a brand new release:


I made two cards:





The images were coloured with alcohol markers and pencils. Glitter and glossy accents were applied and, when fussy cut, they were applied on foam pads onto the backgrounds.

The backgrounds were made by stamping with an embossing folder. (Open your chosen folder, and ink with distress inks, then lightly spritz with water. Close the folder and run it through through the embossing machine.) Once dry, I sprayed the embossed card with Glimmer Mist to give it a lovely shimmery finish.  On the second card I swiped an ink pad over the raised embossed areas.

The backgrounds were matted onto coloured textured card and then onto charcoal-grey card.  The sentiments were cut into strips and inked, then glued directly onto the background.

These close up photos show the shimmer a little better:

  


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!



Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Card 1
Brown Sugar Challenge #242 AG 24/03
CAGI Challenge AG 25/03
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #231 AG 26/03
Craft Rocket Challenges #35 Make it Feminine 28/03
Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends #54 AG 01/04


Card 2
Crafty Catz Challenge #162 AG/Touch of Pink 24/03 WINNER
Jo's Scrapshack #180 AG 25/03
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #151 AG 27/03
Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges #1712 AG 27/03
Scrappers Delights Challenge #64 AG 01/04



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.