Wednesday 1 March 2017

Crafts Galore Encore: Spring Fairy

Hello!

Hurray!!!! It's March .... we're slowly approaching Springtime!

Today sees the start of a new challenge at Crafts Galore Encore

As always, the theme is Anything Goes and our sponsor this month is Farika Fantasy.

I chose the beautiful Spring Fairy to work with. Here is my card:



I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir markers and went around the outline in pale cool grey (IG1). I decided to frame her with a Papermania Bare Basics wooden frame which I heat embossed with gold powder. The Belleek style background was made using Tim Holtz ink brayered onto an embossing folder and then running the paper and folder through the my Sissix Big Shot. I learned this technique here at Kittie Craft's blog. I love the textured lacy look this gives, although mine is far from perfect!
I made some paper flowers using a Majestic Blooms die from Heartfelt Creations. The petals were coloured in a wash of ink and water, then shaped and dried and assembled with a pearl centre. Some leaves were die cut and coloured too. Natural dried flowers were added to the flower cluster.

  

I hope you'll pop to over to Crafts Galore Encore to see the DT's wonderful designs. 
We'd love to see your creations. 
Remember the challenge is always 'Anything Goes' and so you can create any type of project - it doesn't have to be a card.

Thanks for stopping by today!
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Craft Rocket Challenges #34 No Patterned Paper 14/03
Through The Purple Haze 120 AG 19/03
Crafting With An Attitude 25 AG  24/03
Fabrika Fantasy #7  For The Girls 28/03
Classic Design Team Challenge March 28/03
Crafts and Me  March Springtime 31/03
Crafty Girls Creations 34 AG  31/03


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below. 
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.