Friday 16 December 2016

Vera Lane Snowy Shaker Card

Hello crafty friends!

First, I'd like to welcome Stacey, my latest follower. I'm so pleased you're here!

I have more exciting news ....
drum roll, please.....
 I've been selected to be on the first-ever Vera Lane Studio Design Team!

I am beyond excited, as there are so many talented ladies in our Facebook group and I feel honoured to be part of the new 2017 DT.

Here is a simple, little shaker card I made using two of the free digital images that you can get if you choose to join our Vera Lane Facebook group
It is a very friendly community and the owner and artist, Janet Klein, creates gorgeous, quirky image sets at very competitive prices... please take a look at her shop, Vera Lane Studio, here and then come and play on Vera Lane - you're guaranteed to have fun!



To make the background, I first cut a crescent moon out of paper to act as a mask. I  adhered it with low-tack tape, then inked the card using a blending tool and various blue distress inks. A small amount of water was sprinkled over the ink and blotted immediately to remove some of the colour.  The star stamp was inked with clear embossing ink, then heat embossed with Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder. A stamped sentiment was added.

I coloured the images (Doodle border and Penguin -  did I mention they are both free when you join VLS Facebook group, along with many others!!) with Spectrum Noir markers and added glossy accents to the penguin's eyes. They were glued directly onto the inked background.

 To make the shaker:  The 'window' is white card with a scalloped square (X-cut) die cut from the centre. A piece of clear acetate was taped beneath the die cut shape. It is important to make sure this glue dries properly before you add the glitter, or alternatively use double sided tape and make sure that it is completely covered by the acetate. 
Foam tape was placed all around the edge of the image, thus allowing depth/space for the glitter and sequins to move. Glitter was added and the window was placed on top.

The whole shaker element was then attached to a card base.

👭👬👭

Here are the steps in a nutshell:

1.  Make background
2. Adhere coloured images
3. Make window topper
4. Add foam tape around image (the tape will stop the glitter etc, from escaping!)
5. Add glitter/sequins/buttons etc.
6. Adhere window top
7. Attach to card base.

Thanks for taking time to stop by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges #331 Glitter and Sparkle 20/12
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #394 Christmas 21/12
Creative Knockouts #172 Winter Wonderland 21/12
Cute Card Thursday #456 Snowflakes 21/12
Crafting With An Attitude #22 AG 25/12
The Male Room #50 Christmas 27/12
Crimbo Crackers #122 Animals 28/12
Crafting By Designs Here Come The Holidays 28/12


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks x
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.